This sandwich combines the best of Mexican Tortas and Fish Tacos to create an amazing sandwich!
Blackened Fish Taco Torta
- 6 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 fresh jalapeo, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, small diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 4 mahi mahi fillet
- 1 blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
- 4 bolillo rolls
- kosher salt
For the Pico de Gallo
Combine the first five ingredients (roma tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro and lime juice) in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and set aside.
For the Avocado Cream Sauce
Combine avocado, sour cream, mayo, lime juice and hot sauce (optional) in a bowl. Season with salt and mash with a fork to combine, leaving some avocado chunky. Set aside.
For the Fish
Brush Mahi Fillets with oil and sprinkle with blackening seasoning on both sides. Preheat pan over medium high heat, add one Tablespoon oil in pan. Cook fish 3 minutes on first side, then flip over and cook an additional 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove from heat.
To Assemble the Sandwich
Toast Bolillo rolls under broiler. Place a hand full of corn tortilla chips on the bottom bun, then add fish, finely shredded cabbage and Pico de Gallo. Spread Avocado Cream Sauce on top bun and place on top! Enjoy!