This recipe is inspired by one that my in-laws shared with me. We love this salad in our house. It is very simple and in the hot Texas summers its cool and refreshing. Best of all it doesn't heat up the house, as there is no cooking involved.
Mexican Shrimp and Crab Salad
- 1 pound imitation crab, chopped
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp (peeled, divined, tails removed)
- 8 limes, juiced
- 3 large avocados, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 18 flat tostada shells
- hot sauce, optional
Combine imitation crab, shrimp, lime juice, avocados, tomatoes, jalapenos, cucumber, cilantro and salt. Gently toss to thoroughly to combine ingredients evenly. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
To Serve: Smear a small amount of mayonnaise on a tostada. Place a couple of large spoonfuls of crab and shrimp salad on tostada and dash with your favorite hot sauce (if you like a little extra heat).