Mushroom and Onion Jam
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen chopped onions, thawed
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, mushrooms, sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper, to taste. Mix everything together and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and cook, stirring often to prevent burning, until the onions are caramelized, 20 to 25 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan and let cool. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.