This recipe combines the subtle, earthy flavors of portabella mushrooms in a rich brandy cream sauce. Cracked peppercorns add a little heat while the toasted pecans, basil and feta add a perfect fresh finish.
Portabella Au Poivre
- 8 ounces cheese or mushroom ravioli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes, optional
Cook pasta according to package direction.
Saut mushrooms and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until mushrooms are tender. Add peppercorns and chicken broth. Continue to cook until mixture is hot and starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low.
In a small bowl, stir flour into cream until all lumps are dissolved. Slowly add mixture to mushrooms. Add brandy and continue to cook until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Serve sauce over cooked pasta.
In a small bowl, combine pecans, feta and basil. Add tomatoes, if desired. Sprinkle over sauce