Wanting something besides potato skins I came up with potato nachos one night. Loved them, so much better then chips.
- 4 idaho potatoes (4-5 large)
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning, your favorite
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 cup shredded mexican style cheese
- 0.35 cup leftover turkey or chicken, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, green part only, sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
With a fork spear the potatoes about 3 times each. Place two potatoes at a time in the microwave, cooking for two minutes. Remove potatoes and continue with the rest. Slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place on a baking sheet that has been covered with foil and sprayed with pan spray. Place slices on prepared baking sheet. Spray potato slices with vegetable oil spray and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Place in oven, cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked thru.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from heat, drain on paper towels. Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
Spread equal portions of cheese on each potato slice. Continue with equal parts of the bacon, turkey or chicken, and green onion. Place in oven for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Top each potato nacho with pico and sour cream if you wish. Enjoy.