Friends were coming for supper on a hot summer day, one that was too hot for cooking. Looking in my freezer and at the beautiful fresh berries I had from the farmers market I thought, "Fresh fruit parfaits with a twist."
Salty Caramel Berry Parfait
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup fresh red raspberries
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried and hulled, cut into small bite sized peices
- 2 pints vanilla caramel ice cream or gelato
- 8 Shredded wheat, salted crackers, processed into crumbs
Place 2 tsp. cracker crumbs into the bottom of a stem glass like a white wine glass or a parfait glass if you have them.
Spoon 1/8 cup of the vanilla caramel gelato or ice cream on top of the crumbs
Top with 4 or 5 blueberries, raspberries, and strawberry pieces
Repeat steps 1-3
Top with another sprinkling of crumbs. Serve immediately or freeze for no more than 30 minutes