Spanish Potato salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poon honey
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ground pepper
- 2 pounds fresh potatoes
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Combine the vinegar,honey, and saffron in a small pot.Bring to a boil over high heat and immediately remove.
Combine mayonnaise and garlic with the saffron mixture and add salt and pepper to your taste.
Boil potatoes and slice about 1/2 inch thick.
Combine the potatoes and rest of the ingredients in the mayonnaise mixture.Chill and serve.