Rice salad with Teriyaki tasted bacon, shrimp, scallions, cream cheese and white sesame seeds. To taste better and work well with teriyaki bacon, I made sushi flavored dressing. This could be a main dish as well.
Teriyaki Bacon Rice Salad
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked white long grain rice
- 2 ounces cream cheese, diced small
- 4 tablespoons minced scallions, green parts only
- 4 ounces frozen salad shrimp, thawed and drained completely
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
Make teriyaki sauce. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce and maple syrup.
Cut bacons into small pieces.
In a hot skillet, put bacons and cook over medium high heat until crisp. Discard the fat in the skillet then pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet. Toss to coat well. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Make dressing. In another small bowl, mix together rice vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper and olive oil.
When the bacons have cooled, put bacons, rice, cream cheese, shrimp, sesame seeds and scallions into a large bowl. Add the dressing to the bowl and mix with spatula until well blended. Put the rice salad into salad bowl/plate or individual salad bowl/plate.